Proposal: (No?) email client for Ubuntu 17.10

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at canonical.com
Tue Apr 18 21:23:37 UTC 2017

I'm supportive of not including an email client by default given the
current selection. If there was a light-weight client available with good
features (e.g. Geary) I think there would be a decision but the listed
candidates are too big / old.

I think if there's no client though there should be good support for
handling mailto: links - i.e. either we have common web mail provider
support (e.g. Gmail) installed by default or at least a good dialog to help
you redirect to your provider when you click on these links.

--Robert