offers to make Fcitx default on Japanaese.

AWASHIRO Ikuya ikunya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 00:25:36 UTC 2015

Hi, I am Ikuya who is Ubuntu Japanese Team.

I would like to say that fcitx should be default on Japanese environment as same as Chinese at 15.04 cycle.
We Ubuntu Japanese Team release their own remix called Ubuntu Japanese Remix with a little modification.
Fcitx is default Input Method from 14.04 on it. However it uses fcitx-mozc instead of fcitx-anthy. Of course it works great.
As you may know, it is easy to change Fcitx by default until 14.10, and become difficult to do from 15.04.

So it is time to change the default Input Method on Japanese environment.
I know Fcitx will be default at next release cycle, but I think I need more testing time for upcoming next LTS.

Thanks,
--
AWASHIRO Ikuya
ikuya at fruitsbasket.info / ikuya at oooug.jp / ikunya at gmail.com
GPG fingerprint:
1A19 AD66 C53F 2250 3537 1A9D 3A53 2C1D 20AB CC8A