[Bug 1413380] Re: [needs-packaging] cryptote needs packaging
didrocks at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 22 15:01:40 UTC 2015
Thanks for packaging cryptote and help to make ubuntu better!
The package has quite a lot of issues that needs to be addressed before uploading to ubuntu. I did a first quick pass and encourage you to fix those before subscribing back the ubuntu sponsors:
- debian/copyright doesn't follow DEP5 (http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/), please use this as a template.
- the version makes people think that this package is available in debian, which is not the case. Please reference it as 0.5.390-0ubuntuX
(where -0 means "this version wasn't in debian" and ubuntuX == ubuntu+number as you did previously.
- debian/compat is referecing debhelper 5, we tend to rather use debhelper 9 nowdays.
- debian/control references as well debhelper 5 instead of 9
- debian/rules: there are some lintian errors on it, make clean doesn't really clean the package and have some rules missing:
W: cryptote source: debian-rules-ignores-make-clean-error line 46
W: cryptote source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-indep
W: cryptote source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-arch
Please, consider here as well to use debhelper 9 as the rules will be way easier.
debian/rules would be simply something like:
and from that, you can read some debhelper documentation if you need to override some default parameters.
* debian/menu is not in use in ubuntu, if you don't intend to upload that package to debian, please remove it.
That's already quite enough for a first look, please get that package updated in the ppa and feel free to resubscribe the sponsoring list!
** Changed in: ubuntu
Status: New => Incomplete
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop, which is subscribed to the bug report.
[needs-packaging] cryptote needs packaging
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the ubuntu-desktop