Why do we have the glade-3 (glade 3.8) package?

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 2 06:18:02 UTC 2014

Le 02/09/2014 01:11, Robert Ancell a écrit :
> Does anyone know why we still have the glade-3 package in the archive?
> This just seems to be to support an old version of glade (3.8), is
> that still necessary?

Hey Robert,

That version supports gtk2, which is still used by quite some projects
and also needed if you want to migrate to gtk3 (you need to be able to
open the existing UI to save it to a new format later or edit it/copy bits)

I think it's still useful and doesn't cost a lot to maintain so we
should keep it

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher