Usability for touch typers: Keeping fingers on F and J

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 18 08:35:12 UTC 2014

Hello Thomas,

Thomas Güttler [2014-11-18  9:23 +0100]:
> Are there any touch typers out there? Don't you feel the pain when
> pressing "Backspace"?  That's not ergonomic - and at least I - press
> this key very often.

I exclusively touch-type, and indeed every move to the mouse or
someplace else is a nuisance. After I got RSI I got myself a Kinesis
Advantage keyboard (http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/products/) some 10
years ago, which solves both the RSI and the "outward keys are hard to
reach" problem very elegantly. Took me some 3 days to adjust, but I
don't want to give it away any more :-)

Martin