Usability for touch typers: Keeping fingers on F and J

Thomas Güttler guettliml at thomas-guettler.de
Tue Nov 18 08:23:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

I think the usability of the keyboard/mouse input could be improved a lot.

touch typing the letters A-Z blind is quite easy to learn.

But still you need to do yoga with you fingers for keys like Backspace or Del.
Event Return is finger gym if you want to keep your pointing finger on F and J.

There exists completely different keyboard layouts like neo or colemark.

But the switch is hard, too hard.

Are there any touch typers out there? Don't you feel the pain when pressing "Backspace"?
That's not ergonomic - and at least I - press this key very often.

What could the current situation be improved?

   Thomas Güttler

PS:

Here are related questions I asked during the last weeks:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/520370/emacs-keybindings-for-all-text-inputs

http://askubuntu.com/questions/401595/autocomplete-at-desktop-level