Some desktop updates for this cycle

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 2 09:11:43 UTC 2013

Le 30/11/2013 16:07, Adam Dingle a écrit :
> Sebastien, thanks for the update - it's great to know what's going on.
>  I see GLib 2.39.1 in Trusty now and don't see WebKitGTK 2.3.1 yet,
> but I assume it will arrive soon.
It's in trusty-proposed at the moment
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webkitgtk/2.3.1-1ubuntu7

It's not migrating to trusty because it's having issue building on arm64

>  I installed GTK 3.10 from the PPA and it seems to be working pretty
> well so far.

Great!

> In a previous message you wrote
>
> >We are going to add menubars back to e.g evince, gnome-calculator,
> nautilus, etc (the plan is to upstream those patches, and to make the
> menubar be displayed in a conditional way depending of the
> environement, that's what is done already in gedit).
>
> That's great.  Do you think that will happen for 14.04?  If so, are
> you planning to update these apps to version 3.10 in 14.04?

Yes, we really want the UI consistency/working menus for the LTS. I'm
not sure about 3.10, I've looked at those and we did a few selected
updates for components which bring mostly bug fixes and no UI redesign.
I doubt we are going to take apps using GtkHeaderBar this cycle though,
those need more integration work.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher