[Desktop13.04-Topic] GNOME plans review

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 16 19:05:05 UTC 2012

Le 16/10/2012 20:14, Robert Bruce Park a écrit :

> Just a thought. I would like to see better cooperation, personally ;-)

Right, I think we all do and ideas on how to improve cooperation are
welcome ;-)

> Also, last I heard, 'GNOME OS' is not intended to obsolete distros, it
> is intended to obsolete jhbuild as a way for developers to hack on the
> absolute-cutting-edge-git-snapshots of GNOME.

Well, I'm not sure what "GNOME OS" is about since there is a lack of
definition for it and disagreement between groups of people. I've been
to GUADEC though and I've been people on stage saying that GNOME should
stop paying attention to distribution and their issue but focus on
delivering a product. That's fair, mozilla doesn't look at distributors
to define their reschedule schedule, freeze or whatever. That's a change
in the relationship between GNOME and their distributors though and
worth noting. GNOME also doesn't has the firefox brand and while mozilla
can enforce their ways I'm not sure it's the case of GNOME...