[Desktop13.04-Topic] improve ubuntu-system-service or look at systemd services

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 16 10:57:57 UTC 2012

Hey,

That's another potential topic, we currently still ship a "revert
dropping of datetime helper" in our gsd package because we don't have a
service providing timedated [1]. We should probably review what other
services are in this case and either decide to implement those in
ubuntu-system-service or to start using the systemd implementation of
those (they are independant of the init system)...

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/timedated