[Desktop13.04-Topic] GNOME plans review

Ma Xiaojun damage3025 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 04:32:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> The other big example this cycle is ibus. GNOME 3.6 doesn't work
> properly without a not-released-as-stable version of ibus.
> http://pad.lv/1045914
Have you contacted with IBus upstream?
Developers of IBus are mostly using Fedora, which ships 1.4.99 since Fedora 17.
We all know that IBus 1.4 on Unity is broken.
But in fact IBus 1.4 on GNOME 3.4 (Precise) is not much better, the
tray icon constantly flashes.
I've been using a PPA for patched ibus-gjs for one of my 12.04 box.
Official ibus-gjs doesn't work on precise, probably due to IBus version reason.
The point is, you've been far behind on IBus stuff for long.