Trying to reduce our memory and battery footprint

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 15 07:02:56 UTC 2012

Hey guys,

In the past cycles, we saw our memory need for an user session
increasing quite a lot. One of the consequence is that our battery life
on laptop diminished.
I think having a session discussing and trying to review if we can work
on the more offending daemons, disabling some plugins and so on, can
help to put her in a better position on that front.

As with install disk cleaning, some regular checkups like this one can
be interesting to process regularly, we can also discuss about how to
put some automated tests in place to ensure we tackle any regression
then on power consumption or used RAM.

Cheers,
Didier