Looking for application testcases

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Fri Feb 24 00:33:41 UTC 2012

As part of the precise cycle, the ubuntu QA team has been looking to
increase manual application testing. As part of this, I have extended
checkbox to serve up manual tests to testers to test ubuntu applications
post installation. We need your help! If your an application developer
who wants testing on his application I would like your testcases
included in the checkbox application tests for beta1.

If your interested in contributing a a testcase, please do so by adding
a checkbox job to this repository and submitting a merge request. I plan
on placing this in a ppa to be distributed to those folks who are
willing to help test applications during beta1.

    bzr branch lp:~nskaggs/+junk/checkbox-app-testing

Not sure how to make a checkbox test? Have a look at the following wiki
documents in addition to the example.txt.in file in the jobs directory
inside the repository. Create a new file named yourapp.txt.in, and
submit a merge request.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Automation/Checkbox
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Automation/Checkbox/WritingTestsHowTo
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Automation/Checkbox/Walkthrough

The format is very simple, and there are several examples inside the
repository. If you have any questions or issues, let me know. I would be
happy to help make sure your tests are included. Thanks everyone for
helping make the ubuntu experience better!

Nicholas

P.S. If your interested in helping test applications by running these
tests, instructions for doing so will go out next week with the beta1
release. Thanks!