Fwd:Ubuntu, please don't waste time on upgrading your flashy & silly themes, desktop-effects!

Tobia Tesan tobia.tesan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 08:55:25 UTC 2012

Il 13/02/2012 03:24, Ji Cheng ha scritto:
> Before,I have start a discussion,complain about kubuntu's performance
> and ubuntu's useless upgrade. That post is  long-winded. So I start
> a new thread.
>
> _Ubuntu,Please listen to us. The voice from users! _

I don't really get it.

Ubuntu is *about* a sexy desktop for end-users with all the latest bells
and whistles.
If you are a moderate traditionalist or don't have a lot of memory, go
Debian.
If you are a luddite, go Slackware.
If you are an ubergeek, go Gentoo.

I use all four, for different purpouses, of course.
Why should I want Ubuntu to be Debian, when I already have Debian?

--
Tobia Tesan
<tobia.tesan at gmail.com>