Fwd:Ubuntu, please don't waste time on upgrading your flashy & silly themes, desktop-effects!

Life Monad lifemonad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 04:39:41 UTC 2012

Why,I did not choose Unity?
I am a developer too.
Desktop software design principle (Maybe you know)  , for end users, they
hope every software has similar appearance, .aka. UX..... Similar menu
layout,keyshortcuts,status bar,notification area.....especially,settings
panel.

Why not improve GNOME if you think it sucks?
(OK..,why not improve Unity if I think it sucks...because I won't waste
time on it,I think Unity have no significant for end users.They want bug
fixes and  new useful features & softwares adding eagerly , not another
desktop env.)

BTW:You can  image, while user works,he open a new window,...desktop
 disappears.

In spare time ,I want to  develop some useful tiny programs which *other
platform provided but ubuntu lack of*.(Wine? never  be a solution.You must
know it.Forget Wine.Develop your own linux desktop software.)

But when I see Unity,I am confused. Did I need test my program on Unity?
These desktop env have different API &UX. Programs can't do a good
seamless integration
with desktop env(also file managers such as Nautilus . Konqueror).

Hn...Ha... Why not  GNOME X.X? Great Unification.

I am tired.