Fwd:Ubuntu, please don't waste time on upgrading your flashy & silly themes, desktop-effects!

Michael Hall mhall119 at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 13 04:48:26 UTC 2012

Unity's unique features are either optional or automatic.  If you
develop your app using Gtk or Qt, you will automatically get the global
menu in Unity.  Having an XDG .desktop file will automatically allow
your app to be placed on the Unity launcher and, you can optionally
extend that with Unity Quicklists.  The Indicator API exists in both
Unity and KDE.

If you have more questions about integrating your application with
Unity, please take a look at http://unity.ubuntu.com/about/

Michael Hall
mhall119 at ubuntu.com