Why don't we use Mozilla ESR in Precise?

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 6 08:34:38 UTC 2012

On 04.02.2012 15:51, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
> In Precise we've upgraded to version 11 of both Firefox and Thunderbird.
> But the reason for starting to upgrade frequently was said to be that
> Mozillas support periods were limited for newer versions after 3.6. But
> now we have the 10ESR versions of both. Why are they not used instead of
> the short-term 11?

Agreed, my ex-colleagues hate it when the version changes every few
weeks on their environment. I'd think it's the same for every
entreprise-y user out there..

Guess it's not possible to provide the ESR release as an option, so that
the upgrade needs to be tested at such sites only once a year instead of
nine times?