[Desktop12.04-Topic] Improved screen locking, user switching

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 10 09:53:16 UTC 2011

Le mardi 04 octobre 2011 à 11:07 +0200, Sebastien Bacher a écrit :
> we should improve the screen locking

On that topic something which comes often is when to lock screen, we
should do a table listing the different cases where the screen might get
locked (i.e on idle delay, suspend, lid close, user switching, etc) and
the different credential scenarios (i.e autologin, password login, etc).

We should also decide if the "lock screen on idle" option from the
control center should affect, i.e user switching

The topic comes quite often in bugs report and there is some conflicts
there being "security" and "no password prompting", we currently force
the screen locking on user switching or suspend but we should probably
give an easy way to opt out for users who don't want it.

We might need design input on the topic as well.

--
Sebastien Bacher