[Desktop12.04-Topic] Video playback?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 10 09:03:39 UTC 2011

Sebastien Bacher [2011-10-04 20:49 +0200]:
> Should we go for the new version and deal with issues or stay safe with
> the old version using xv, or look for a different video player to use?

My gut feeling is that introducing clutter into main, and dealing with
all the fallout is not a good idea for LTS. If clutter is the future,
then 12.10 is a good cycle to give it some testing.

What we should do, though, is to update totem in the ubuntu-desktop
PPA, so that interested people can try it out on various hardware?
That doesn't help us with armel packages, but at least the ARM devs
can easily grab the source package and build it.

Martin