[Desktop12.04-Topic] control center cleanup

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo.moya at canonical.com
Thu Oct 6 14:23:02 UTC 2011

Hi

For Oneiric we went the easy route of adding a way to run external
applications for the stuff we wanted in the control center. But this
looks quite bad (some panels are embedded, others run a separate
application), so for P I'd like us to do a cleanup and avoid as much as
possible having external windows.

So, here's a list of what we have:

* jockey: this could perfectly fit in the System Info panel
* language-selector: we just need ability to install languages and input
method support in the region panel to completely remove this
* software sources: also maybe as part of the System Info panel, which
does updates?

the tricky one is Ubuntu One, so I guess we'd have to leave it as it is,
or write a panel that just embeds the u1-panel window?

cheers