gnome-media - is it still on the CD?

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Nov 25 12:47:22 UTC 2011

Hi, this is the gnome-media package, according to apt-cache:

  GNOME media utilities
  This package contains a few media utilities for the GNOME desktop:
   * the GNOME audio mixer;
   * the GNOME Sound Recorder;
   * the GStreamer properties capplet.

First, since oneiric, the audio mixer has moved to gnome-control-center
/ gnome-system-settings (but the description has not been updated), but
anyway, do we still ship it on the CD? If so, maybe it makes sense to
remove it from the CD? I don't know if gnome-sound-recorder is that used
much anyway, and I assume the gstreamer properties applet is very rarely
used.
Not that it's that many bytes, but I guess every byte counts, right? :-)

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic