ubuntu lacks ideas, firefox is full of ideas

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 19:45:01 UTC 2011

Den 19. nov. 2011 18:47, skrev Alexander:

>     You should ask more questions. The thing I like the most about
>     Unity, is how efficient it is to use without a mouse.
>

> I appreciate your comments. Thanks for the advice. I enjoy hearing
> diverse opinions; for example I prefer the keyboard but you prefer the
> mouse! I like that.
> --
> Alexander

I would be very interested in hearing how you reached that conclusion. I
don't use a mouse, except on the web. I do all my desktop stuff using
the keyboard. This is something I've never been able to do in a desktop
shell before. Can you give one example of a desktop task that cannot be
performed without a mouse? I'm talking about window management and other
things Unity provides.

I feel quite confident that you won't be able to come up with many, if
any. If you do, then that's very valuable information. After all, Unity
focuses on keyboard use.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad