ubuntu lacks ideas, firefox is full of ideas

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 15:10:36 UTC 2011

Den 18. nov. 2011 21:14, skrev Alexander Etter:
> I am glad I found this email. I can relate to it in many ways. I've
> tried to get involved in developing Ubuntu, but nobody has reached
> out. 11.10 is so bad on my machine I reverted to 10.04. I never liked
> Unity, it's silly and implies heavy use of the mouse. I want to use
> the keyboard to navigate everything.
> And I like firefox too.
> Just my thoughts on this matter; I don't intend to start a war but a
> thoughtful discussion if anything.
> Alexander

You should ask more questions. The thing I like the most about Unity, is
how efficient it is to use without a mouse. I nearly only use the mouse
for web these days. There are keyboard shortcuts for nearly everything.
There are a few I would've wanted, such as using alt+num to choose
between workspaces in the switcher, and  between windows in super+w
instead of using arrow keys, but since there are other keyboard
shortcuts available, such as alt+ctrl+arrows, and shift-alt+ctrl+arrows
to move windows between workspaces, it's not very annoying.

I would advise you to look for answers the next time you get frustrated
by something, instead of just reinstalling the operating system, which
is a fairly radical choice.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad