disable "incomplete language support" notification

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Wed Nov 9 15:59:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 6:31 AM, Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/11/9 Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com>:
>> trying to keep the "incomplete language support" alert from coming up
>> on a fresh install.
>
> My guesstimate by looking at the package contents would be that
> language-selector installs
> /usr/share/language-support/incomplete-language-support-gnome.note
> into /var/lib/update-notifier/user.d, after which
> /usr/share/doc/update-notifier/HOOKS happens. So, without checking
> further, maybe: rm -f /var/lib/update-notifier/user.d/incomplete*
> would help?

Seems to work.   Thanks.  This was a small iteration, like a child's
constant "are we there yet?"

So what is the the implication of this?  Like if I try to use the box
to surf, email or write up a document, what will I be missing?  I am
not too worried about it, but seems like something I should know.

--
Carl K