disable "incomplete language support" notification

Roberto C. Morano rcmorano at emergya.com
Thu Nov 10 13:42:39 UTC 2011

El 09/11/11 16:59, Carl Karsten escribió:
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 6:31 AM, Timo Jyrinki<timo.jyrinki at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> 2011/11/9 Carl Karsten<carl at personnelware.com>:
>>> trying to keep the "incomplete language support" alert from coming up
>>> on a fresh install.
>> My guesstimate by looking at the package contents would be that
>> language-selector installs
>> /usr/share/language-support/incomplete-language-support-gnome.note
>> into /var/lib/update-notifier/user.d, after which
>> /usr/share/doc/update-notifier/HOOKS happens. So, without checking
>> further, maybe: rm -f /var/lib/update-notifier/user.d/incomplete*
>> would help?

Probably it was Ubiquity (the installer) which writes that file. It does
it when any of these packages (see attachment) is not installed.
Of course, replace '*-es' packages by the language you chose in Ubiquity :]

> Seems to work.   Thanks.  This was a small iteration, like a child's
> constant "are we there yet?"
>
> So what is the the implication of this?  Like if I try to use the box
> to surf, email or write up a document, what will I be missing?  I am
> not too worried about it, but seems like something I should know.

It depends on the packages you are missing from the list I attach. Maybe
you miss gimp-help-es or any spelling dictionary.

--
Roberto C. Morano
Área de Proyectos

Emergya Consultoría.