Tomboy Notes and Ubuntu One note integration in Precise Pangolin

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 8 09:22:41 UTC 2011

On 08/11/2011 17:08, Robert Nordan wrote:
> Since the news came out of UDS that Tomboy Notes was probably being
> dropped from the default install, I'd like to ask what this means for
> the U1 integration? U1 Notes has been designed around using Tomboy Notes
> a the local editor, and it seems a bit silly to offer a U1 service that
> can't be used from a default install. (Short of going to the website to
> edit, which negates the whole advantage of the U1 system.)

I actually seem to recall there being some work done on an Ubuntu One
auto-installer of some sort by default, meaning that you can't actually use
Ubuntu One until you run the installer anyway.

But this does bring up another question: Are Ubuntu users expected not to need
to take notes, or is GNote going to be installed by default instead if Tomboy is
dropped?

I believe both Windows and Mac OS come with a sticky notes application/widget of
sorts by default, and it would be a shame to have Ubuntu lose out on this.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin