Suggest fixing the skip-keys in Totem.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Sun May 15 16:34:40 UTC 2011

On 15 May 2011 16:57, Emilio López <buhitoescolar at gmail.com> wrote:
> El 15/05/11 09:16, Jo-Erlend Schinstad escribió:
[snip]

>> Left arrow: Go back 15 seconds
>> Right arrow: Go forward 60 seconds
>> Shift+Left arrow: Go back 5 seconds
>> Shift+Right arrow: Go forward 15 seconds
>> Ctrl+Left arrow: Go back 3 minutes
>> Ctrl+Right arrow: Go forward 10 minutes

> Correspond to what? While I agree that using shift and control might be
> strange for a newcomer, I think left and right are the obvious keys for
> back/forward. Doesn't every player on Earth use those?

Left and right should correspond to each other. Why does left skip 15
seconds back while right skips 60 seconds ahead? That's four steps.
Shift is the same, except it's three steps. With ctrl (if the source
is correct), they don't match in steps at all. ctrl+right should be 9
minutes.

I think it would be better if the skips back and forth were the same length.

Regards,

Jo-Erlend Schinstad