Call for Natty Feedback!

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Tue Mar 15 18:36:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:29:35AM -0700, Jane Doe wrote:
> On my machine that has integrated Intel 845G graphics Natty Alpha 3 defaults to Software Rasterizer and that means 3D acceleration is not available! The Mesa DRI Intel(R) 845G GEM 20090712, 1.3 Mesa 7.6 driver and those previous worked fine with Ubuntu for heavy 3D acceleration...

Hi Jane, sorry you've run into problems, and thanks for testing!
However, we're asking that 8xx owners please work directly with upstream
for testing the driver.  At the distro level we're focusing only on 9xx
and newer cards now.  You can file bug reports upstream about 8xx at
bugs.freedesktop.org.

Thanks again, and good luck,
Bryce