Call for Natty Feedback!

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Tue Mar 1 21:51:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 04:18:22PM -0500, Sean McNamara wrote:
> 5. Stability has been poor in my experience; I run into X crashes from
> time to time doing fairly mundane stuff that doesn't trigger a crash
> with Gnome2.

Can you provide a bug # (with a full backtrace if possible)?  I'm
putting a priority on following up on xserver segfaults.

(Actually there are no public X crash bugs open against natty at the
moment, so I wonder that what you're seeing is not actually an xserver
segfault.  Regardless, it should be investigated.)

> 6. Multi-monitor seems totally broken somehow... on a 1024x768 laptop
> with a 1680x1050 VGA LCD attached, I get no menus and no indication
> that Unity is aware of windows on the large external LCD. And the
> left-side menu doesn't come up at all anymore. It seems like there is
> an empty space above the top of my laptop's screen where my mouse can
> go, but there is nothing up there -- I configured (using the
> xrandr-based Monitors applet) the big monitor to be to the right of
> the laptop LCD.

The first half of that could be unity's handling of multi-head, which I
agree seems like it needs more QA.

The second half, regarding blank spaces where the mouse gets lost, is a
long standing known X.org issue (bug #389519).  (There's been a patch
proposed but it's not upstream yet.)

Bryce