Ubuntu usability is significantly decreased with Unity

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 11:01:57 UTC 2011

Den 30. des. 2011 17:53, skrev Kevin Hunter:

> Yikes!  I personally hope that this feature does /not/ go away.  I've
> come to (very much) appreciate the focus-follows-mouse feature;
> similarly, I've fine-tuned almost 10 installations of Windows to do
> this for some friends who asked if they could get that feature after
> shoulder-surfing me.  I do see that it wouldn't play nice with the
> global menu, but I'd hope there's room for compromise.
>
> With respect to the controversial topic of Unity, I'll say no more on
> this subject; I've been staying out of any conversation in regards to
> Unity because I've only used it vicariously through my advisor (I'm
> yet on 10.10).
>
> Kevin

Where did you get the idea that I had suggested to remove anything? When
you add new features, then you should understand how it affects other
features. That means adding them relatively slowly. To me, that makes
sense, because you won't always have to fix yesterdays problems. But
even if one of the shells in Ubuntu isn't designed for maximum
scriptability, I see nothing wrong with that. We have loads of other
shells that are designed for that.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad