[Oneiric-Topic] Déjà Dup Backup Tool by default

Michael Terry michael.terry at canonical.com
Sun Apr 17 16:35:12 UTC 2011

Full disclosure: Déjà Dup is my own pet project.

Déjà Dup [1] is a simple backup tool designed to be easy to use and well
integrated.  It's aimed at GNOME and casual users.

  * It's been a featured app in Ubuntu since they were introduced.
  * It's been installed by default in Fedora since 13.
  * I think it's an open question whether the default install needs a
backup system, which is worth discussing.
  * The version aimed at Oneiric has some UI changes planned to make it
even more "invisible": de-emphasizing the goofy name, living as a
control center panel not a special app.

[1] https://launchpad.net/deja-dup

-mt