z-index problem

Mrudul Deosthali mrudul.deosthali at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 18:19:55 BST 2010

Hi,

I am facing some unusual problem regarding z-order of windows in ubuntu
10.04, gnome environment.

Whenever I restore any window, it becomes always on top. The always-on-top
property of the window is still unselected, but it remains always on top.
Since the always-on-top is already unselected, I cannot make the window
not-always-on-top. To view any window in the background, i have to
explicitly minimize that always-on-top window, or maximize it, to remove
always-on-top property.
Is there any gnome setting which makes restored (not maximized/minimized)
windows always-on-top.

The window is not always on top, but you need to click on the title bar, in
order to change the z-order. i.e. to view any background window, you need to
click its title bar. Earlier, clicking anywhere in the window was working.

--
Thanks and regards