Ubuntu Desktop weekly meetings

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at canonical.com
Thu Nov 18 00:11:09 GMT 2010

And to follow up about technology etc...

In my opinion the current activity reports are more about proving
you've done a weeks worth of work, than providing a good summary of
what's happened in a week.  I'd like to see the summary more like this:

* x new bugs were opened, y were closed
* We completed x items in the work tracker.  We are ahead of the trend
line.
* x packages were updated in natty.
* The CD size grew by xMB to yMB.
* The FooBar app is now 10x more awesome!  Thanks to the x for making
this change.
* Remmina has replaced tsclient on the CD, please try it an let us
know if it is an improvement.
* We are behind in updating GNOME, please have a look at
http://people.canonical.com/~platform/desktop/versions.html and help
out if you can
* Compiz is delayed due to issues with the packaging, please have a
look at the lp:~ubuntu-desktop/compiz/new_version branch for the
current progress
* Intel users may have some issues with the updated video driver,
please report bugs to z.

Note that some of this information can be automatically pulled from
Launchpad etc.

We discussed how to produce the manual information.  The options seem
to be:
- - The Wiki
- - Etherpad
- - status.net

If people are interested in producing the high-detail reports we need
to consider where/how to produce those, and then boil them down to a
good summary.

- --Robert