Default bookmarks for Firefox and Chromium

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 17:31:41 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Steven <stenten at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php
> What's the rational behind:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+addquestion
> http://www.debian.org/
> ? Do people really read the Answers part of Launchpad, and if so, would the
> devs really want people going there for support instead of the Ubuntu Forums
> (they are kind of busy, after all)? …

I do!

Granted, it doesn't get as much traffic as it should, but I think it's
a really unique service. Everything is organized in a very detailed
way, a question can be linked directly to a bug report, a FAQ entry,
etc.
In addition, every application with Get Help Online in its help menu
points to Launchpad Answers for that package in Ubuntu.

Looking at https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ , I see ten
questions asked within the last hour, of which only two are without

The service is way better organized than a support forum, so it's
excellent at specific questions. For more general questions and
constructive discussions, something less organized works better. That
is where Ubuntu Forums comes in.

I think the service should be promoted, and certainly not given up on.

Dylan