Default bookmarks for Firefox and Chromium

Chris Coulson chrisccoulson at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 4 17:09:20 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 10:58 -0500, Steven wrote:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php
>

> What's the rational behind:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+addquestion
> http://www.debian.org/
> ? Do people really read the Answers part of Launchpad, and if so,
> would the devs really want people going there for support instead of
> the Ubuntu Forums (they are kind of busy, after all)? Also, why is
> Debian in there at all? Is this a courtesy to them since they're our
> upstream? I don't really understand why a casual Ubuntu user would
> need to go to debian.org, especially enough to warrant a default
> bookmark.
>

> -Steven

The Answers part of Launchpad is specifically designed for users to ask
questions and request support for their problems, and we want to
encourage the use of that. If we didn't want users to ask questions,
then there would be no point in providing the service.

Having said that, the Answers bookmark seems to be a little bit
redundant - most applications (Firefox included) already have a "Get
Help Online..." entry in the Help menu.

Regards
Chris