Google Chromium In Lucid

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com
Sat Dec 12 23:35:43 GMT 2009

I'm an 100% in support of this. It's really time to be using webkit over
Mozilla's gecko and Chromium lets us do so without almost no draw backs from
Firefox. I'd prefer Epiphany, but it really isn't on a level comparable to
Firefox and Chromium yet

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 18:31, John Baer <baerjj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been a loyal Firefox user for many years and until I tested the new
> Google Chrome browser everything paled in comparison.
>
> IMO Ubuntu should adopt Chrome as the default browser.
>
> The general adoption of Chrome will be quick as Google has a vested
> interest in it's success. I blogged on this topic at projBlog<http://www.projblog.com/?page_id=206> but
> here are the high points.
>
>    - Google is big and Google is pro open source. Supporting this effort
>    provides value to Ubuntu
>    - Chrome runs well on Ubuntu
>    - Chrome will be well supported
>
> This time next year it is very likely Google will be well established in
> the Net Book Cloud Computing market which IMO will grow Ubuntu in the
> desktop market.
>
> Cheers

.danny

☮♥Ⓐ - http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.piccirillo