about gdm compile for ubuntu8.10

Andrew a.starr.b at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 16:46:55 BST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Yi Yu <alexdoer.yu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am alex from Beijin, I just downloaded the gdm-2.20.8 code and did
> configure/make, after that, I found that a gdm-binary file is created in the
> directory gdm_**/daemon, but I can not find it in /usr/sbin/ of the
>  original ubuntu 8.10 system, as I know, the gdm verion for ubuntu8.10 is
> 2.20.8-0ubuntu3. It seems I make some mistake in configure or make, or
> I used wrong code.  My question is How can I configure/make gdm code for
> ubuntu 8.10? and Can I used checkinstall to make deb package for gdm? below
> is weblink used by me to download code:
>     https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/2.20.8-0ubuntu3

Why do you need to build it your self? Are you trying to apply a patch?

The easiest way would be to just build the debian binary package as
you already are using the Ubuntu source package.

sudo apt-get build-dep gdm

dget -ux https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+source/gdm/2.20.8-0ubuntu3/+files/gdm_2.20.8-0ubuntu3.dsc

cd gdm-2.20.8

debuild

cd ..

sudo dpkg -i  gdm_2.20.8-0ubuntu3_i386.deb