removing themes

Thomas Thurman thomas at thurman.org.uk
Fri Oct 10 22:20:54 BST 2008

Ysgrifennodd Kenneth Wimer:
> I think that if we replaced the aging themes we could, in their place, include
> a couple of interesting new ones. I think users would get much more out of
> being able to select a modern sexy theme. In this way we offer our default
> theme, accessability themes and a few beautiful, sexy themes.

Do you have any appropriately-licensed beautiful, sexy themes you want
to contribute to upstream?  I'm quite happy to consider them.

> I realize that the upstream issue is important but I wonder what gnome is
> thinking when they offer "glider" or "crux" as a modern theme for their
> users.

Nobody's suggested taking them out yet.  If you want to suggest taking them
out, the usual way is buying the maintainers a beer^W^W^W^W^W raising a bug.

Thomas
--
Thomas Thurman, tthurman at gnome, http://blogs.gnome.org/tthurman
They're just rocks. (Dusty ones, that is.)