using %U vs %F to open files

Chris Cheney ccheney at
Wed Jul 23 17:58:39 BST 2008

Also, I don't know if this is a bug but after opening a document over
smb it shows up in the Places->Recent Documents, but if you click on it
there it opens it in File Roller instead of OOo. Maybe it only looks at
applications that support %U to open Recent Documents? So it looks like
%F can potentially work for OOo but there are still some surrounding
issues that users probably wouldn't like if I switched over to using it