evolution as panel shortcut

Jani Monoses jani at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 8 14:22:26 GMT 2008

>> Many more people use OO (writer in particular) than a mail app.
>
> What are your data sources for these statements?

No hard data, I extrapolated form my experience so far of seeing people
use computers - not just Linux. The ratio of webmail vs local is more
than 5:1, and home users - the non-corporate and non-techie ones I
mentioned in the original post - only use webmail.

When talking to people new to Linux they almost invariably ask if it
does have office apps - mostly Word - they seldom inquire about Outlook
equivalents. Hence my statement quoted at the top of this message.

I don't mind being showed evidence to the contrary, but I understand the
current status was not based on hard data either and wondering whether
it should change.

Jani