Proposal about gnome-bluetooth

Ricardo Pérez López ricardo at iesdonana.org
Sun Feb 3 18:49:45 GMT 2008

Hi, list:

Bluetooth devices are very common among average computer users, so to
ease the use of that devices in Ubuntu could be a Good Thing.

I would like to propose the following points about gnome-bluetooth:

1. Promote gnome-bluetooth from universe to main.

2. Install it by default in any desktop installations, or maybe install
it only if the installer detects Bluetooth hardware.

3. If the user installs a Bluetooth hardware (for example, the user
plugs an USB Bluetooth adapter), the system must installs the
gnome-bluetooth package automatically, if it's not already installed.
(This point is done by Guadalinex [http://www.guadalinex.org], a Spanish
Ubuntu-derived distro.)

4. When the user activates the Bluetooth adapter, the gnome-obex-server
application must be started automatically, in order to let the user to
receive files via Bluetooth. (This point is done by Guadalinex, too.)

I reported this as a bug/wishlist in Launchpad some time ago:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/160022

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo Pérez (https://launchpad.net/~ricardo)