Hover highlight effect inconsistency with GNOME applets.

Vincent Untz vuntz at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 11 19:50:33 GMT 2008

Le jeudi 11 décembre 2008, à 20:31 +0100, Jo-Erlend Schinstad a écrit :
> Following this philosophy, I think the clock applet shouldn't light up,
> since it doesn't really perform any operations, only displays the
> calendar.

Except that people won't know that something happens when you click on
the clock. And you can very well have an applet with just a label which
does nothing when you click on it, so you'd want to differentiate the
clock applet from this.

It's kind of a known issue upstream, but nobody ever sat down to figure
out what policy we want. Would be great to have a volunteer propose
something on the usability mailing list upstream, and then file bugs
against the relevant applets :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.