Sound theme

Vincent Untz vuntz at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 27 11:21:48 GMT 2007

Hi,

Le mardi 27 novembre 2007, à 10:49 +0100, martyn CLEMENT a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I made a sound theme on kde-look.org which is much apprciated. I received 6
> months ago a mail from the Gnome team (a Thomas ... I can't remember the
> full name). He told me that Gnome sounds are really old and it could be nice
> to make new sounds.

Thomas Wood?

> In the same time I made a sound pack I proposed to the Oxygen team (kde4)
> and I was too late, they already have a new sound theme.
> So I invite you to download "Cleanus" which is my sound pack at :
> http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Cleanus?content=61245
>
> It has more sounds on the KDE pack than the Gnome one.
> If you're OK to put these sounds on the next Ubuntu release (Hardy Heron), I
> can create more sounds for this Desktop on your demand.

Just wondering: why not also propose this theme to GNOME upstream? I
think it could make sense since that's been an area where nobody has
been active for quite some time in GNOME.

If you're interested in talking with GNOME upstream, gnome-themes-list
might be a good mailing list to start with (not sure it's the best).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.