User Interface of the X Configuration Tool

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 14:58:25 BST 2007

Hi Mikko,

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 10:46 +0300, Mikko Ohtamaa wrote:
> > In the UK, either screen or monitor tend to be used. People more
> > commonly refer to it as 'the computer screen' I think, 'monitor' is seen
> > as a little more technical (although not much). I've been using 'screen'
> > when writing documentation anyway...
>
> I am not native English speaker, but isn't it so that a  screen can be
> also a television. It's not necessary a computer monitor which is
> plugged in.

Sorry for the delay in replying. A 'screen' tends to be used to refer to
anything that shows a picture on it, such as a computer screen, TV
screen or projection screen. However, it's normally very obvious which
type of screen is meant by the context of the sentence you use it in.

'Display', 'screen' and 'monitor' are pretty much synonymous in this
context.

Thanks,

Phil

--