Compiz default settings

Denis Washington dwashington at gmx.net
Fri Jul 13 20:26:10 BST 2007

Hi,

The default compiz settings changed a few times during Ubuntu Gutsy
development. Is this still experimentation or are the current settings
likely to be the ones in the final version? I especially have problems
with the default setting changes in the latest compiz package, which
very obvoiusly try to copy Windows Vista (same window creation/close
animations are exactly the same). I think we should instead go for the
"Zoom" effect for window creation and closing, like in the packages
before, which is less obtrusive and actually helps the user as it leads
from the user's currently focused part of the screen (the mouse) to the
newly created window.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Denis Washington