Single-User Mode

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Tue Sep 26 16:55:23 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 00:53 +1200, Aaron Whitehouse wrote:
> After some thought on the matter, I decided that the top one was likely
> for me because it had been in every previous Ubuntu and there is usually
> a rescue mode in position two.
>
> The reason that I was confused is that I use Ubuntu as a desktop OS and
> am the only user for my machine. My first interpretation of "Single
> User" was that it was optimised for installations like mine; one user
> using Ubuntu as a desktop. I have since found out that it is the
> "Rescue" or "Safe" mode.

Doesn't look like many people have much to say. I tend to agree that the
naming is confusing in the situation you describe. I suggest you file a
bug at launchpad, you might have to file it against grub - I can't find
a suitable package to suggest.

Duncan
--
Linux user: 372812 | GPG key ID: 21A8C63A | http://lithgow-schmidt.dk