rss reader by default?

Sebastian Dröge slomo at circular-chaos.org
Mon Sep 11 12:48:39 BST 2006

Am Samstag, den 09.09.2006, 11:43 -0400 schrieb Matthew Nicholson:
> hmm, yeah, wel, thunderbird is 1). not installed by default, and 2).
> a mail application that happens to have rss features, like firefox.
> I'm talking about a RSS reader. ie blam (though, that need mono) or
> liferea (my choice)

blam is (almost) dead upstream currently and IMHO not really
userfriendly and has some bad, open bugs[1] so I don't think it would be
something we want in main or even on the CD.

For liferea I already wrote a main inclusion report in breezy times but
it still waits for some amd64 (or probably general 64 bit problems) to
be fixed before it can go into main. If someone wants to try to fix it
use the gtkhtml backend of liferea on amd64 and you see it crashing
after some hours of use[2].

Bye

[1] https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/blam/+bugs
[2] https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/liferea/+bug/4732