G-p-m hding while on AC

Lakin Wecker lakin.wecker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 18:00:54 GMT 2006

On 3/9/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 21:47 -0800, Corey Burger wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I just noticed that g-p-m now hides while on AC. I think this is
> > horrible default, for several reasons.
>
> I just asked in -devel and it appear that this isn't actually the
> default at all, so we can bring this thread to a dignified close, I
> think:
>
> [17:33:54] < mdke_> does anyone know what the decision is on whether
> the battery icon from g-p-m is shown by default while charging? the
> consensus on the desktop list seems to be fairly resoundingly in favour
> of "yes".
> [17:41:28] < Kinnison> mdke_: the default icon policy is 'charge' which
> means it will

I think there was a misunderstanding between this thread, you and Kinnison
on irc.  The icon has always been shown while the battery is not 100%
charged, which is what kinnison confirmed.  On the other hand, this thread
is about showing the battery status all the time regardless of AC state or
battery charge level.

In the power management preferences, there are four options:

Notification area:
  * Never display icon
  * Only display when battery lif is critical
  * Only display when charging or discharging (default)
  * Always display icon

In my opinion this thread is about making the default "Always display
icon".

Lakin