Issue : wireless networking "on-the-fly"

Vincent Untz vuntz at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 15 07:54:27 GMT 2006

On Tue, February 14, 2006 20:25, Andy Somerville wrote:
> On 2/14/06, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Le lundi 13 février 2006 à 11:50 +0100, Lionel Dricot (aka Ploum) a
>> écrit :
>> > Hello (again ;-) ),
>> > - network-admin is pure crap. I don't know anyone that understand how
>> > to make different places with it.
>>
>> Thanks for the constructive comment :) I agree it's not optimal but
>> suggestions on how to make it better are welcome and would be useful
>> compared to that comment ...
>>
> I think plain criticism (non constructive) is useful as well. When you
> are working with usability its often not easy to say *why* something
> is not good. I think it would be appropriate to expect that many
> criticisms will not come with suggestion for improvement. And I think
> being able to avoid from taking things personally will allow us to
> take seriously a much wider ranger of comments and use them to improve
> things.

Let me disagree a bit here: I do not expect non constructive criticism
from contributors since I expect them to be helpful and to want to fix
the issue :-) Plain criticism from users is okay, though (it's a kind
of feedback, as you already wrote).

However, I don't believe Lionel's goal was to blindly criticize
network-admin but to understand the situation wrt NetworkMagic.

Vincent, who's not always constructive either...

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.