A new logout dialog (v2)

Michael Frank msfrank at syntaxjockey.com
Thu Dec 15 04:49:43 GMT 2005

Sorry for the dupe John, I meant to send this to the list:

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 13:34 +0100, John Nilsson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 11:50 +0100, Manu Cornet wrote:
> > Huh, right. Oops. I was just very stupidly doing what I was told :) I'll
> > change that into "Exit", which seems fine to me. But I still need to
> > figure out how to make the faded out background to redraw when tooltips
> > disappear (if anyone has a clue, be welcome to mail me !).
>
> One way would be to use one of the composite managers and just create a
> full screen semitransparent window. Not a great idea for Dapper though,
> they are still rather immature.

How about creating a fullscreen, normal toplevel window, and filling it
with the contents of a screen-capture, then applying a fade/darkening
effect, and placing it underneath the logout window?  I can help hack
that, if it sounds like the direction you want to go (I've been looking
for something to start contributing to, plus i already have some
screen-cap code).

Michael

--
Michael Frank               .~.