A new logout dialog (v2)

Manu Cornet Manu.Cornet at GMail.com
Mon Dec 12 01:07:48 GMT 2005

Hi !

So here's the new spin :

	http://www.manucornet.net/GNOME/logout_dialog/Capture.png

(it's the same URL though, beware of cache !)

I added a little more space in there. Then, I wandered a bit on the GTK
IRC channels, asked questions, learned a few things about window borders
and stuff. So here's the conclusion :

* In a normal situation, changing the window border (to get something
like Jeff showed) would be easy. I have tried several ways to do that on
the present dialog.

* However, the fact that the rest of the screen is faded makes them all
fail, the X server just doesn't want to do it and the window is closed
immediately. To use the current screen fading functions (without
modifying them, which I am completely incapable of :) ), the dialog
window needs to be of a special type. And this type just doesn't want
window decorations (borders).

I think I recall that gksu in Ubuntu (during breezy development) used to
fade the screen, but it never had a window border either, right ?

I could also try a GtkFrame, but I'm not sure this would look good.

Anyway, I'm either gonna have to let the borders idea down, or need the
help of a GTK guru aware of this special situation to help me out :)
Anybody ?

Cheers,
Manu